Although I love crafts, I am not a painter. I can’t draw and my stickmen are definitely not in proportion. When I saw this project in A Hot Glue Gun Mess, I knew this gem had a future home in my livingroom.
As you can see, I not only found material for this project, but the picture frame for our twig art project as well.
1. Prime your wood panel before painting if you don’t want to do as many coats of colour. Not necessary, but saves you some ‘watching paint dry’ time. Literally. Choose your base colour (I used Acrylic paint) and do one coat in each direction with drying time inbetween.
2. In your very best scrawl, paint your truth.
3. Display on easel or hang with pride. Puff your chest out and strut. – R. Dolly
Cost per picture: $9.50 CAD (less if you already have paint)
- Wooden Artist’s Panel: $3 (Dollar Store)
- Wooden Easel: $2.50 (Dollar Store)
- Acrylic Paint: $2/each-2 colours per picture (DollarStore)