A few months ago, I had posted a frozen margarita recipe which had a strawberry adaptation. I don’t know if you know this about me, but I happen to love tequila. This was a revelation that took about 20 years, which was precisely the amount of time that it took to get over the worst hangover I have ever had in my entire life. This version, which I am calling part II, came about after a visit to the farmer’s market where the June strawberries were sitting in all of their glory. I was not feeling like an icy concoction for our party, so I decided to keep the blender unplugged and mix it all up the night before our party so the strawberry and basil could infuse into the mixture.
It was awesome, and eating the strawberries after the drink was gone was a nice finish to a fantastic margarita with just the perfect hint of strawberry and basil.
- can of frozen limeade concentrate
- 2 cups tequila (personally prefer El Jimador gold for everyday use)
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup Triple Sec
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 8-12 fresh strawberries depending on size (June strawberries are typically bigger than everbearing so usually 8 will do it.)
- small handful of basil leaves. Around 8-10
- 1 can of club soda to add right before serving.
Prepare ahead of time to let strawberries and basil flavour the drink. At least 5 hours. The strawberries will also give the margarita a pretty pink colour. You can take out the basil before serving if you wish, but save the strawberries. Like I said, they were delicious!