I was inspired by the Spaghetti and Meatballs recipe in the Bite by Bite cookbook to create a quick and easy version for a party I was hosting. I was working the day of the party and knew time would be limited to prepare for the event the week prior. These did take a little bit of time, even with using prepared sauce and meatballs, because of the presentation factor. Twirling pasta onto a fork and depositing it onto the meatball takes more time than one would think but it was completely worth it! My guests fell in love with these cute little appetizers.
I’ve since made the actual Spaghetti and Meatballs recipe in the Bite By Bite cookbook and they were amazing! If you have the time, it’s well worth it. You can also freeze the meatballs and sauce for a later date if you know you’ll be short on time for an event.
Bite Size Spaghetti and Meatball Appetizers
**I made these appetizers the night before the party and warmed them in the oven before the party.
- Frozen meatballs
- Marinara sauce
- Angel hair pasta
- Parmesan cheese, shredded
- Fresh Parsley
- Bake the meatballs to package directions.
- Cook the pasta according to package directions.
- Heat marinara sauce in a pot on the stove.
- Once the meatballs are cooked and spaghetti is cooked and drained, take a fork and stick it into the pasta and make a 3 to 4 strand nest of pasta. Dip the nest into the warm pasta sauce and then carefully slide the pasta off the fork and on top of a meatball. Secure with a toothpick through the middle of the pasta nest and into the meatball. Repeat for the remaining meatballs.
- Top with a tiny little bit of marinara sauce on each pasta nest.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper and fresh parsley.
- Serve warm.