I came across this cookbook while working at the library and the cover image caught my attention. It showed the cutest little appetizer I’ve ever seen! That is exactly how you want to draw a consumer into purchasing your cookbook. Often, you’re disappointed because the taste of the finished product doesn’t come close to your expectations based upon the images but I loved the 3 recipes I tried out of Bite by Bite: 100 stylish little plates you can make for any party. I highly recommend this cookbook if you’re looking to up the WOW factor of your party. The Shots and Bites section is a lot of fun, as well. Check it out. You won’t be disappointed.
I made the tasty Caprese Tea Sandwiches which were really quick and easy.
Caprese Tea Sandwiches: Bite by Bite Cookbook
Makes 2 dozen
- 12 2- to 3-inch mini pitas
- 2 ounces fresh salted mozzarella, cut into 1/4 inch cubes
- 1/2 pint grape tomatoes or baby heirloom tomatoes, halved (about 1 cup)
- 3/4 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon flaky sea salt, such as Maldon
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, stacked, rolled, and thinly sliced crosswise into ribbons (or 1/2 cup small fresh basil leaves)
- Freshly ground pepper
- Divide the pitas in half so you have 24 half-moon pockets. Stuff each pocket with 3 to 4 pieces of mozzarella and set aside.
- Place the tomatoes in a small bowl and drizzle with the olive oil. Add the salt and toss to combine.
- Add some tomatoes to each pita pocket, and finish with a little basil and ground pepper. Serve immediately.
I also made these adorable mini hot dogs from Bite by Bite. I made the mini hot dog buns a day ahead of time. I can’t even put into words how happy these little hot dogs made me when I saw them on the serving tray. I was giddy with excitement. That’s how you start off a great party!
The Spaghetti and Meatballs (also pictured on the cover of the cookbook) were the third recipe I tried. I was short on time so I had to alter the recipe and use meatballs and sauce purchased from the store. You can check out the altered recipe here. I tried the original recipe a few days later and it was fantastic!