Make your Oktoberfest party unique by serving your beer in hand-painted beer steins!
- Glass beer steins
- FolkArt multi-surface acrylic paint
- Detail paint brushes
- Printed Oktoberfest images
- Painter’s tape
- Print out your images to the size needed to fit your stein.
- Use painter’s tape to secure the image inside your stein. Outline your image with a darker colour and then fill in with the main material colour. This will allow the shading to be seen from the inside of the glass.
- Let dry completely and then repeat with enough coats of paint so that it’s no longer transparent.
- Repaint the shading using your darker colours and add any painted embellishments you want.
- If you want to add words to your stein and are worried about how they’ll turn out, print the words and tape them inside to use as a template.
- Let the paint dry on the glass for 24-48 hours to ensure all layers of paint are completely dry. Cure the paint by placing the stein into a COLD oven. Then turn the oven temperature to 350 degrees and bake for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, turn the oven off and leave the glasses in the oven until completely cool.