These skewers of mouthwateringly tasty pineapple, bacon, hot sauce and brown sugar will haunt your foodie dreams for along time. Even reheated, these babies were heaven.
Sriracha Candied Bacon Wrapped Pineapple
- 24 3-4” spears of fresh pineapple (about 1/2” thick)
- 12 strips of bacon (regular or thick cut), cut in half
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp of Dolly’s Hot Sauce or Sriracha sauce
- toothpicks (soaked for 30 minutes in water) – optional
- Heat a gas grill to medium high.
- Brush grate with oil.
- In a bowl, mix together your brown sugar and Sriracha. It should be slightly damp but not wet.
- Place in a pie dish.
- Dredge your bacon in the brown sugar mix coating both sides.
- Starting at the bottom of the pineapple spear, secure one end of the bacon to the bottom of a spear. Twist the bacon up the spear to the end of the pineapple. You want to wrap it up the pineapple so it’s slightly overlapping. Secure the end of the bacon to the spear with a toothpick.
- Place the bacon, end side facing down, on the grate.
- You want the heat high enough to quickly cook the bacon so it shrinks itself onto the spear. Turn the heat up if necessary.
- Grill turning often so each side is crispy and charred in spots, about 6-8 minutes (longer if using thick cut bacon).
- Plate, remove toothpicks and enjoy!