My grandma made the most delicious soups. This was one of the easier soups I’ve made and it’s become a family favorite. There’s so much flavor packed into this soup and it’s easy to customize for your family.
- Use low sodium broth
- If you add pasta, cook it separately and then add it to your soup to avoid it absorbing your broth
Italian Chorizo Soup
- 2 pounds Chorizo sausage
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 – 900 ml beef broth, low sodium
- 1 – 900 ml chicken broth, low sodium
- 2 – 540 ml Italian-style stewed tomatoes, with liquid
- 2 cups carrots, sliced
- 2 cups potatoes, cubed
- 1/2 cup orzo pasta or whichever pasta you choose
- 2 cups zucchini, cubed
- 4 cups fresh spinach – packed, rinsed and torn
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Cook the pasta in a separate pot.
- In a stockpot or dutch oven, brown the sausage with the garlic. Stir in the broth, tomatoes, carrots, potatoes and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the zucchini to the soup. Cover and simmer for another 15 minutes or until the zucchini is tender.
- Remove from heat and add spinach. Replace lid and let sit for 5 minutes.