Rocks/pebbles are a Dolly’s best friend when creating art, decorating and designing. I love the different types, colors and textures of rocks. When my girls were little we would go rock hunting and always come home with cool new treasures. We didn’t have a rock polisher, but we’d wash them and each of the girls would store them in their egg cartons with the other rocks they’d collected. Their painted, glittered and stickerized egg cartons stacked well and they could sort the rocks by color.
We had some pebble art picture ideas ready for our crafting party but we also suggested that our friends find ideas that meant something to them or whoever would be receiving the pebble art as a gift. Any materials that could bring our ideas to life were used. Go wild and get creative!
*Don’t be afraid to make your art 3D or let it hang off the canvas.
- Wooden canvas (available at dollar stores, crafting stores, etc.), barn board, branches, driftwood
- Acrylic paint
- Stones or pebbles
- Glass pebbles
- Pine cones
- Fishing line
- E-6000 glue (available at Canadian Tire, online, etc.)
- Paint the wooden canvas with 2 to 3 coats of acrylic paint and let dry
- Lay out your design on the board before gluing
- Glue everything down and let dry